GE Monogram runs an excellent food blog entitled All in Good Food. Just in time for football season, we present to you their recipe for delicious Bacon Avocado Potato Skins. Check out the recipe on the GE appliance blog and be sure to visit any of Karl’s Appliance NJ appliance stores to see GE Monogram appliances in person.
4 medium russet potatoes
1 large avocado, medium diced
6 pieces bacon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pepperjack cheese, small diced
4 ounces sour cream
1 jalapeno, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
6 pork rinds, crumbled for garnish
salt and pepper
- Bake potatoes at 375 degrees F until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow the potatoes to cool.
- Cook bacon until golden brown, drain and allow the bacon to cool. Crumble or slice bacon into bite size pieces.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Remove the potato from the center leaving 1/2 thick shell.
- Melt the butter and then add the garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute. Toss the potatoes in the butter garlic mixture until well coated.
- Cook the potato skins in a medium hot skillet with the extra garlic butter after tossing the potatoes. Cook cup side down until crusty and brown. Then do the other side. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. You may need a little olive oil to brown the potatoes if the butter runs short.
- Place the potatoes cup side up. Season each with salt and pepper then divide the bacon, cheese, avocado in each shell. Garnish with sour cream, green onions, sliced jalapenos and crushed pork rinds.
Several of the largest appliance brands are scheduled to raise their pricing beginning April 1. Price increases from 4 -10% are average on all of these manufacturers. If you are in the market for home appliances or laundry appliances, now is the time to buy to save money.
Manufacturers that are raising their pricing include LG, Viking, Electrolux, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchenaid, Jenn Air, and all of the GE lines (GE, GE Profile, Ge Monogram). Be sure to visit Karl’s Appliance online appliance store or any of our 5 NJ appliance stores to lock in the old pricing.
In these times of hectic schedules most people don’t think about cooking their dinner until after work late in the day. By that time if you want to cook anything decent it means you will be spending your free time in the kitchen. With the new Advantium oven from GE, there is no need to preheat so you can start a healthy, delicious meal for your family as soon as you get in the door. In just minutes oven quality food is cooked in an Advantium oven. Here is the story behind this remarkable appliance.
Advantium ovens are available in Over the Range microwave styling or in built in Wall Oven styling. Both combine Speedcook, True European Convection and Sensor Microwave into one appliance. Both styles of oven also include 75 preprogrammed recipes that allow you to pick what you are cooking and let the advantium do the work for you, producing professional quality results. The Speedcook technology allows you to cook oven quality food up to 8 times faster than a conventional oven.
The Over the Range microwave model also includes a built in 300 cfm venting system. If you choose the built in Advantium wall oven, you get a large 1.7 cu ft family size capacity. You also get a grill tray that allows to actually grill food for off the grill taste and texture. The glass touch controls and control dial are sleek looking and easy to clean and make setting the oven or selecting a recipe a breeze.
The Advantium oven is a unique appliance made under the GE Profile and GE Monogram labels. To find out more and to browse the entire lineup of Advantium wall ovens and Advantium Microwaves please visit Karl’s Appliance