GE Monogram runs an excellent food blog entitled All in Good Food. Just in time for football season, we present to you their recipe for delicious Bacon Avocado Potato Skins. Check out the recipe on the GE appliance blog and be sure to visit any of Karl’s Appliance NJ appliance stores to see GE Monogram appliances in person.
4 medium russet potatoes
1 large avocado, medium diced
6 pieces bacon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pepperjack cheese, small diced
4 ounces sour cream
1 jalapeno, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
6 pork rinds, crumbled for garnish
salt and pepper
- Bake potatoes at 375 degrees F until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow the potatoes to cool.
- Cook bacon until golden brown, drain and allow the bacon to cool. Crumble or slice bacon into bite size pieces.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Remove the potato from the center leaving 1/2 thick shell.
- Melt the butter and then add the garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute. Toss the potatoes in the butter garlic mixture until well coated.
- Cook the potato skins in a medium hot skillet with the extra garlic butter after tossing the potatoes. Cook cup side down until crusty and brown. Then do the other side. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. You may need a little olive oil to brown the potatoes if the butter runs short.
- Place the potatoes cup side up. Season each with salt and pepper then divide the bacon, cheese, avocado in each shell. Garnish with sour cream, green onions, sliced jalapenos and crushed pork rinds.